Summer is coming and the demand for power backup solutions will also increase. Before the coming summer season, home and business owners plan to install energy storage which gives 3-4 hours backup to run necessary appliances, such as Air Conditioner, Cooler, Refrigerator, Fans, Lights, Laptops, Internet, etc. Inverter battery is one of the preferred investments for your home and offices where it gives a comfortable environment to increase the productivity of your establishment. But, the main question is, should you invest money in a traditional inverter battery? I think the answer will be 50 - 50.
So, we would like to draw your attention to the latest technology energy storage solution which gives an aesthetic look, double life, and occupies less space. Let's start
CAML100 Ah / 48V - 5kWh Lithium Battery
There are four types of batteries that can be used in solar inverters – lithium-ion, lead acid, nickel based or flow batteries. However, lithium-ion is the best option as it has high energy density, is light weight, and the technology is witnessing significant cost reductions. Other advantages include fast charging, portability, long life, safety, maintenance free, long life, etc. Lithium batteries have completely revolutionized the portable electronics market.
Loom Solar introduced lithium ion battery for solar inverter by the name “CAML Series” battery. Just like a camel in the desert can go long without water, similarly Loom Solar’s battery lasts long once charged.
1. MCB Protection for ON / Off Battery – The battery comes with an MCB Protector with easy on and off. The Inverter bypasses on the grid, when grid power available.
2. Heavy Duty Terminals – These lithium batteries are strong and maintenance free with a long life.
3. Handles – Lithium batteries are portable and this one comes equipped with handles for easy carrying and can be moved from one place to another.
4. SOC (State of Charge) – The lithium battery comes with four led indicators that indicates the level of battery and warns in case of low charge.
5. Alarm– The battery also signals for any faulty conditions such as under charging, high temperature, wrong connection, etc.
6. Run – It shows Run when in okey condition and battery is running.
7. RS232 – Paraller Communication
8. RS485 - Battery Status Monitoring via LAN Cable
9. Exhaust fan – The battery comes with an exhaust fan for heat dissipation.
10. Temperature – 65 degrees
11. Body – It is sturdy and comes with a strong body
12. Weight – It weighs 35 to 40 kg
Solar Inverter – 5KW – MPPT Solar Inverter
A solar inverter can run efficiently with lithium batteries at home as well as for commercial purposes. In fact, lithium battery is finding increased application in commercial areas as space is limited. For instance, the Reliance tower uses lithium battery. Lithium is the technology for the future. In the residential space, it is highly scalable. More batteries can be added to the inverter for home storage. Adding a solar system to your residential unit makes you your own energy producer. Adding storage to it further make you less dependent on the grid.
1. Power Source - The inverter can run on battery or grid or solar.
2. Technology – It is an MPPT solar inverter ie. Equipped with an MPPT controller. It is typically a better choice since it charges the battery faster.
3. Weight – It weighs around 5 kg.
4. Exhaust fan – The inverter comes with an exhaust fan for heat dissipation
5. LCD Display – The LCD display on the inverter shows the following data:
- Input Voltage: (AC Side): 235V
- Output Voltage (AC Side): 235V
- Power Flow Diagram: Bypass, Battery Charging Indication, Power Load (in Percentage)
- Inverter Condition: AC / Inverter, Charging & Fault
- Control Buttons – for settings
- Technical Sticker: Input, Output & Solar Charger (Voltage, Current)
- On / Off Button – Inverter Button
- Battery Terminals = 16 sq. mm DC Wire
6. AC Output:
7. AC Input:
8. Fuse Button:
9. Solar Connection: PV
Q. How to calculate inverter battery backup time?
Q. How to calculate battery capacity for inverter?
Q. How to connect inverter to battery?
Q. How to fill water in inverter battery?
Q. Which inverter battery is best for home?
Q. Can we use ac water in inverter battery?
Q. How to charge inverter battery?
Solar inverters are a crucial component of a solar system since power from the sun cannot be directly used to run electrical appliances. Batteries are a must for solar inverter in order to get an uninterrupted power supply. They are needed for power backup as well as allow for storage and ensure maximum utilisation of the limitless solar energy. Lithium batteries are apt for the solar system given their numerous advantages and pair well with solar inverters as the technology matures and prices begin to slide further.