I want to install a solar system at my home, but I don’t know which solar system I have to choose?
If you want to plan for a solar system but you are confused about which solar system is best according to your need then read this article, it will help you to find it out.
Solar system has two types -
1. On-grid solar system
2. Off-grid solar system
On-grid solar system = If you live in a place where there is very little power outage or power cut then you can go for an on-grid solar system. This type of system uses solar panels to generate electricity from the sun and then feeds that electricity into the grid for use in home.
Many homeowners choose on grid solar system for home because they can enjoy excess electricity produce by their system as they can use it and save on the electricity bill.
Advantages of on-grid solar system1. Cost savings: On-grid solar systems allow you to generate your own electricity, reducing your reliance on utility-provided electricity and lowering your monthly electricity bills.
2. Less Maintenance: On-grid solar systems are typically needing low-maintenance, as they don't require batteries or complex backup systems.
3. Longevity: The components of the system, such as solar panels and inverters, are designed to be durable and long-lasting, often with warranties ranging from 20 to 25 years. With proper installation and regular monitoring, the system can continue to generate electricity efficiently for several decades.
4. Easy Installation: On-grid solar system are easy to install because it has no batteries and can be done easily by oneself on the rooftop. That’s why it is preferable choice of homeowners.
5.Subsidies and Other Incentives -A user can avail of government subsidies and other incentives to install on-grid solar systems.
Off-grid solar system = If you live in a remote area or experience frequent power outages, you may want to consider an off-grid solar system. This type of solar system has battery storage and a backup that generates electricity after power cut or during the night hours. An off-grid solar system includes batteries to store excess power for use during times when the sun is not shining. An off-grid solar system is more popular because it comes with power back up.
Advantages of off-grid solar system
1. Energy security: Off-grid solar systems offer energy security, especially in areas prone to power outages. This system stores excess electricity in batteries, so you have a reliable backup power supply during times such as at night or during cloudy days.
2. Cost savings: While the initial investment for an off-grid solar system can be higher compared to on-grid solar systems due to the need for battery, but it can provide long-term cost savings. By generating your own electricity, so that you can eliminate monthly electricity bills.
3. Remote power supply: Off-grid solar systems are ideal for powering remote locations that are far from the utility grid. From this solar system, you can generate electricity in areas where access to electricity is limited or nonexistent.
4. Energy independence: One of the primary advantages of an off-grid solar system is that it allows you to be completely self-sufficient when it comes to electricity.