Solar Panel Subsidy in Uttar Pradesh, 2020
Uttar Pradesh is one of the largest and most backward states in India but with high solar radiation. The state is looking to set up solar parks in different parts of the state on government land. UP has the seventh-largest installed rooftop solar power generation capacity in India.
The state government announced a subsidy of Rs 15,000 per kW for the development of rooftop solar projects which will be provided to residential consumers. The state government has set a target of 10,700 MW for solar power, including 4,300 MW from rooftop solar projects, by 2022. UP’s total installed solar power capacity was 1,095 MW in February with solar rooftop capacity of 146MW.
- State subsidy Amount - Rs. 15,000-20,000 upto 10 kW
- Central subsidy Amount - 40% for the first 3kW and 20% on remaining 7kW
- Size of the Rooftop Solar System - Up to 10kW
- Price for the customer - Rs. 7,800 per kW
- Sector - Residential rooftop solar system
- Online Application - Yes
- Documents - Proof of identity, address proof, photo, Aadhar card, Bank details, electricity bill, site photographs, technical specification details, etc.
For group housing society projects, with a capacity between 10 kW - 100 kW, the center will provide a subsidy of 40% for the first 3 kW, 20% on the balance. The residential sector may install RTS plant above 10 kW but the Central subsidy will be applicable up to 10kW only.
Step 1: Submit Application for Solar Connection, there are two way to submit application – Online & Offline. Some states have developed an online platform to get solar connection, but in some states are still working on window work.
Step 2: Contact to the Power Distribution Company (DISCOM), if you are the resistance of Uttar Pradesh, you can find DISCOM details from here. There are 8 DISCOMS in Uttar Pradesh, such as:
- Noida Power Company Limited
- Kanpur Electric Supply Company Ltd.
- Torrent Power Limited
- Purvanchal Vidut Vitran Nigam Limited
- Madhyanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Ltd
- Pashchimanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Ltd.
- Dakshinanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Ltd.
- U.P. POWER CORPORATION LIMITED