Like any other valuable commodity, solar products also need insurance. A solar panel is exposed to rain, storm, lightning, heat and cold and is subject to excessive wear and tear and there is a danger of fire and theft. All these make it critical to insure your solar products. Many imminent insurance players offer solar insurance as well. Contact your insurance partner in event of a loss, they will conduct a survey with a proper estimate for loss and reimburse you accordingly. You also need to deposit certain documents for the claim like your claim form, invoice, estimation for loss, FIR copy, etc.
Tata AIG Insurance introducing Package Insurance Policy Covering Solar Power Installations. Insurance is vital for solar installations across all types of industries, factories, offices, households and various similar kinds of properties.
Tata-AIG General Insurance Co. Ltd (Tata-AIG), has designed a package policy that covers the Solar Panel Installations, which are on a day-to-day basis, exposed to the risk of fire and allied and burglary along with a wide scope of cover against a variety of natural and man-made perils.
Scope of cover
The Policy provides coverage against property damage cuased by a fire or any of the following perils:
- Explosion / Implosion
- Aircraft Damage
- Roit, Strike & Malicious Damage
- Strom, Cyclone, Typhoon, Tempest, Hurricane, Tornado, Flood, and Inundation
- Impact by any rail/road vehicle or animal belonging to third parties
- Subsidence and landslide including Rock Slide
- Bursting and/or overflowing of Water tanks, Apparantus & Pipes
- Missile testing operations
- Leakage from Automatic sprinkler installations
- bush Fire
- Burglary or House break-in: theft following upon an actual forcible and voilent entry of or exit from the premises by the person or persons committing such theft or Hold-up
Deductible - Burglary Policy: 5% of clain amount subject to minimum of Rs. 10,000 for every loss.
This insurance coverage is not applicable to losses cuased by following events:
Standard Fire and Special Perils
1. Loss, destruction or damage cuased by war, invasion, act of foreign enemy hostilites or war like operations (weather war be declared or not), civil war, mutiny, civil commotion assuming the proportions of or amounting to the popular rising, military rising, rebellion, revolution, insurrection or military or usurped power.
2. Loss, destruction or damage caused to the insured property by pollution or contamination Excluding
(a) Pollution or contamination which itself results from a peril hereby insured against.
(b) Any peril hereby insured against which against which itself results from a peril hereby insured against.
3. Loss or damage to property insured if removed to any building or place other than in which it is herein stated to be insured, except machinery and equipment temporarily removed for repairs, cleaning, renovation or other similar purposes for a period not exceeding 60 days.
1. Loss or damage where any inmate or member of the Insured's household or of his business staff or any other person lawfully in the premises in concerned in the actual theft of or damage to any of the articles or premises or where such loss or damage has been expedited or in any way assisted or brought about by any such person or persons.
Policy Tenure: 12 Months from date of inception of cover
Premimum Payment: Payable annually before policy inception date
Claims Process: Claims to be intimated immediately on an event of loss on:
Dedicated 24x7 Call Centre: Toll Free No: 1800 266 7780 or Sms: "Claims" to 58888/5616181 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Claim registartion & allotment of the claim number within 1 working day.
Surveyor will be appointed, if necessary, within 48 hrs. of claim intimation.
No Survey for claims up to Rs. 1 lakh.
Documents requirement will be notified within 7 working days.
Claims Settlement to be done in 7 working days after receipt of all documents/clarifications
List of Claims Document
Note: This is only an indicative list of documents:
- Claim Form
- Purchase Invoice / details of lost items
- Estimate of Repair / Replacement
- List of Items damaged & evidence of Forcible entry/exist
- FIR copy for theft & bodily injury cases
- Stock Register & Salvage Offer
- Final Bills & money receipts with detailed claim bill
- Fire brigade Report for major losses
- Paper clippings / Weather report (for flood, major fire)
- Reinstatement to be completed in 12 months
Disclaimer: Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms and conditions, please refer sales brocher / policy wordings carefully, before concluding a sale. Download Solar Module Warranty Insurance Proposal form