Diwali, the festival of lights is soon approaching. It is the largest Hindu festival celebrated in India. The people believe that lighting up your house on this day is a sign of welcoming Goddess Lakshmi in their house and so they go overboard in lighting and decorating their homes on this day. There are a lot of different types of colorful lights available in the market today and it gets difficult to chose from the numerous options available. Hence, we are trying to help our readers through this article. The article is a Diwali Light buying guide for all you people looking to deck their homes.
Diwali Light Buying Guide
1. Type of Lights: There are a variety of lights available today. These can be string light, blinking light, LED light, Solar light, etc. These can be powered through batteries, grid or solar energy. Depending upon your preference you can make the choice.
2. Color: There is no dearth of colors when it comes to Diwali lights. There are lights in a wide range of colors, be it single color or a combination of colors. You can also make adjustment to change color, pattern, or blinking of lights.
3. Budget: Budget is an important consideration when deciding your purchase as these lights are available in all possible range. Make a diligent choice keeping in consideration your requirements and the amount you wish to spend.
4. Use case: Sometimes we want to use these lights only for one season and do not want to shell a large sum on the same. But at other times we are looking for something long-lasting, in such a case we are ready to spend a larger sum on the same.
Diwali 2022: Monday, 24 October
List of Diwali Lights for Home & Business
1. String Light – As the name suggests string lights are small light bulbs arranged on a string of wire. They are available in many variable lengths but the standard length is 15 meters. They are available in many color variants like Green, Blue, Red, Yellow, White, Brown, Pink, Orange, etc. and at various price points. Many companies like Cooption, Orient, Panasonic, Havells, and Philips are large sellers. Many local sellers also sell these lights during festival time. Other technical parameters:
Power Consumption: 5W
Wire: Copper & Aluminum
2. Chandeliers/ Jhumer: Chandeliers are a collection of lights arranged in a particular pattern cohesively. These are suspended from the ceiling and can light up the entire hall/ room. These are available in a wide price range of Rs. 7,000 to Rs. 10,000. These are big sized lights and are suitable for indoor lighting.
3. WiFi Smart LED Light: These days prefer everything smart. So, if you wish to buy a smart bulb you can look at WiFi enabled smart LED lights/ bulbs. These are WiFi enabled and compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant means you can give instructions like change color or mode from any corner of your home without moving from your position.
These are available in Warm White/Neutral White/White, Standard options. The smart LED light can dance by changing colours with the rhythm of your favourite music and comes with 16 million colour changing options. That’s a lot to choose from. That is why they make a good choice for house parties too. These lights are dimmable ie. you can save more energy by change brightness of lights between 10%-100% as per requirement.
4. Diwali light decoration outside home ideas: When you want to decorate the exteriors of your house, you are looking for something that is attractive and stylish. We recommend curtain lights for your balconies and main entrance. These lights are star shaped and are very eye-catching. This is a set of six big stars and six small stars with eight flashing modes. They give out a warm white light, apt for a cozy evening.
5. Garden Light:
Enjoy Diwali Festival with Solar Bijli
What better way to celebrate Diwali, than to make huge savings. Yes, you can save more by going solar. Using solar system you can cut your dependence on grid electricity thereby, reducing your electricity bills. There are a variety of options to choose from:
1. Home Lighting System: A Home Lighting System will cost you around Rs.8,650 (ie. Rs.3,050 + Rs.4,500 + Rs.1,100). The system comprises of a small solar panel, lithium battery and a charge controller. There are many benefits of a Home Lighting System. There is no need of grid electricity or emergency light and you can enjoy electricity 24x7. You can run your dc bulb, fan, mobile charging, etc. It is also suitable for gifting purpose.
2. 5kWh Off Grid Solar System: This is the best system to reduce your reliance on the local grid. It totally reduces dependency on government electricity. You can Run your lights, fans, air conditioner, tv, laptop, EV charging, etc. on solar without any headache. These are lifetime investment products. The cost of the system is approximately Rs. 5,25,000.
3. 5kW On grid solar system: An on-grid or grid-tied solar system is a system that works along with the grid. This means that any excess or deficiency of power can be fed to the grid through net metering. Many residential users are opting for an On-grid solar system as they get a chance to enjoy credit for the excess power their system produces and save on their electricity bills. So, using this system, you can reduce up to 80% electricity bill and get an alternative income opportunity. The cost of the system is approximately Rs. 422,000.
Solar Loan on Solar System
Going solar is an expensive investment. Though you will save in the long run, the initial cost of installing is pretty high. But don’t worry, you can make your purchase with the help of a solar loan and pay with easy instalments. There are many banks as well as financial institutions that now provide solar loans. Many leading solar companies like Loom Solar also tie up with financing partners to ease the process for its customers. You can calculate your monthly solar loan EMI here: https://loan.loomsolar.com/loan-emi-calculator/
Know more details here: https://loan.loomsolar.com/
Loom Solar helps you to choose the best solar system for home and business. We provide engineer visit across India. Our expert will visit at your location to check basic information before solar system installation. We also help in solar finance to ease any financial pressure that you might be facing. Hence, we are a one-stop shop for solar.