With rising levels of pollution and increasing petrol & diesel cost, there is a growing demand for electric bikes. People are exploring the electric vehicle option to commute daily from home to office, shopping, and nearby travelling. This will not only reduce their carbon footprint but also reduce the fuel cost to zero as these vehicles/ cycles/ bikes need to be recharged and not refuelled. There has been a rising interest in electric bikes among employees, doctors, professors, business owners, etc.
In this article other than talking about the benefits of an electric bike, we will also talk about its various components and how to convert an existing cycle into an electric bike. So without the need to spend close to Rs.50,000 for buying a new electric bike, you can convert a new cycle into electric for just Rs.13,000 or close to Rs.5,000 if you already have an existing cycle.
1. Earning 1,000 Per Day - As you are not spending on fuel cost, there is an earning each day. These days many new residential complexes, petrol pumps, shopping malls, etc. have recharging stations where you can recharge your bikes at very low rates conveniently.
2. No tension of visiting Petrol Pump - You do not have to visit a petrol pump and wait in long queues for getting the tanks filled. You can easily charge your vehicle at night while sleeping restfully. The next morning your bike is fully recharged and ready to go.
1. Limited Travelling - The range of these electric bikes is still not comparable with conventional bikes and hence the travel time is limited. You cannot drive long distances on these bikes. But as the technology matures it will be as good as normal vehicles.
2. Expensive - An electric bike costs higher when compared to normal bikes. So the cost of investment can be high when compared to conventional bikes but you can break even soon as you do not have to fill in expensive fuel.
3. Charging Station - There is a dearth of charging stations in the country at present. But as there is more awareness around electric bikes, more and more charging stations are expected to mushroom across major cities and eventually across the entire nation.
How to Convert Normal Bike to Electric Bike?
1. BLDC Motor: Or, BLDC (Brushless Direct Current) Motor is a new technology motor that is available from 250W to 800W and 24V to 36V. For an electric cycle, 250/ 36V should be sufficient.
2. Lithium Battery: It is a lightweight battery that is finding increased application in cycles, bikes, scooters, drones, cameras, buses, cars, etc. Since these batteries are lightweight they can easily recharge in 2-3 hours. The voltage of the motor and battery should match, ie. if the motor is 36V, the battery should also be 36V. Lithium batteries are available in the range of 6Ah to 100Ah and 12V/ 24V/ 36V in the market.
3. MPPT Charger Controller
Maximum Power Point Tracking Charge Controller is a central part that controls all systems, such as charging, discharging, controller device, etc.
4. Lithium Battery Charger
Electric vehicle means a vehicle runs using a battery (not on diesel/petrol) and battery charges from the grid. A lithium battery charger has also different types: a quick charger that charges 2-3 hours and a normal charger charges battery within 7-8 hours. It is designed according to battery capacity and voltage range. You need at least 2Amp/ 36V, 230V AC charger to recharge a lithium battery. You can also use a solar panel to recharge the battery nut remember its voltage should be 36V.
5. Installation Accessories
Wiring accessories, nuts and bolts, base plates for fitting motor, battery, controller, accelerator, horn, lights, etc. You can visit a store or also do do-it-yourself. There are numerous videos available online for this purpose.
|BLDC hub Motor
|1200 Watt, 48V
|60 Ah, 48 V
|As per Demand
|10" to 14"
|Accelerator Double Button
|As per the chasis design
Note: Loom Solar provides any types of lithium battery only. We don't provide any type of other accessories for making electric bike. The cost of bike conversion kit is Rs. 55,000 to 90,000 in India. Here, installation cost does not include.
Loom Solar is a lithium battery manufacturer in India which has a wide range of lithium batteries (6Ah, 12Ah, 20Ah, 30Ah, 80Ah & 100Ah) for home inverters, electric vehicles, home lighting systems, science projects, and portable power backup solutions. Lithium battery is the latest technology battery that is portable, fast charging and maximum time backup, but it can also be customized as per customer needs. We at Loom Solar can manufacture batteries as per your requirement. It depends on Motor specification, charging source, etc. We recommend you, first share your requirement and we can recommend a lithium battery according to your need.