Educational Institutions such as Schools, Universities, Colleges, Training Centers, Institutes are running during the day time and electricity is important to run it. These educational institutions are running on either electricity or generators. Major appliances are running in these institutions are computers, laptops, lights, fans, water cooling machine, cctv cameras, water pump, air conditioners, printers, and more. Without electricity these appliances can not run that's why generators are running here during the power cut. There are major problems such as high diesel costs and paying monthly electricity bills. Many educational institutions are switching on solar energy to reduce electricity bill and diesel cost. The main benefits of installing solar power plants in educational institutions are - electrical appliances can run directly on sunlight during the daytime because institutions open at 8 am and close at 3 pm. At this time, solar panels generate sufficient energy.
Generally, an off grid solar system is the suitable solar system for educational institutions because it has an energy storage system. That means, an extra energy can be stored in the battery and during cloudy weather or night time, electrical appliances can run on the battery.
There are some limitations of this solar system, such as its price is higher than on grid solar systems. When you plan to install an off grid solar system, you don't need to take permission from the DISCOM (electricity board). But, when you plan it more than 10kW, you should take guidance from a solar expert. Loom Solar, leading rooftop solar company in India, provides an engineer visit to survey your institutions.
Top 5 Reasons are behind Educational Insulations are adopting green energy
Solar panels are like magic devices that can make our schools smarter and greener. Here's why they are so important for educational institutions:
1. Saving Electricity bills – Solar panels contribute to cost savings for educational institutions by harnessing sunlight to generate electricity at no additional cost. This enables schools to allocate more financial resources towards educational essentials such as books, computers, and enriching student activities. 2. Solve the frequent power cut problems – Implementing solar power solutions can effectively address the persistent issue of frequent power cuts. By harnessing renewable energy sources, such as solar panels, institutions can ensure uninterrupted power supply, enhancing operational continuity and productivity.
3. Reduce dependency of diesel generator – By implementing solar power solutions, educational institutions can significantly diminish their reliance on diesel generators. This transition not only enhances environmental sustainability but also curtails operational costs.
4. Solar Training for Students – Solar panels are like big science experiments. Students can learn about renewable energy, climate change, and how the sun's energy can power our world. It's like having a classroom on the roof!
5. Save the Environment – Solar panels are clean and green; unlike fossil fuels, solar power systems do not emit pollutants into the atmosphere. The adoption of solar power in schools serves a dual purpose: it enables them to diminish their carbon footprint while concurrently imparting valuable lessons to students on environmental responsibility.
Which solar system should be installed for educational institutes?
In the process of finalizing a solar system, it is essential to have a clear understanding of the different types available, namely, On-Grid Solar Systems, Off-Grid Solar Systems, and Hybrid Solar Systems. These distinctions become particularly relevant when considering the regional context.
In urban markets characterized by infrequent power interruptions, such as Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, and others, an On-Grid Solar System is often the optimal choice. This type of solar system seamlessly integrates with the existing grid infrastructure, ensuring a reliable power supply and allowing excess energy to be exported back to the grid.
Conversely, in rural markets where power outages lasting more than 2 hours during the day are common, a standalone Off-Grid Solar System or a Hybrid Solar System emerges as the most suitable solution. These systems operate independently, offering consistent power generation and storage capabilities, thereby addressing the unique challenges posed by extended power cuts in such areas. The Hybrid Solar System, in particular, combines the advantages of both grid-connected and standalone systems to provide a versatile and reliable energy solution for rural environments.
1. Off-Grid Solar System: An off-grid solar system, also known as a standalone solar system, operates independently of the conventional electrical grid. It generates electricity from solar panels, stores excess energy in batteries, and supplies power to critical loads within a premises, ensuring self-sufficiency, particularly in remote or off-grid locations.
2. On-Grid Solar System: An on-grid solar system, often referred to as a grid-tied or grid-connected system, is integrated with the existing electrical grid. It utilizes solar panels to generate electricity, with surplus power being fed back into the grid. This type of system allows users to benefit from net metering and reduce utility bills while maintaining a connection to the grid for continuous power supply.
3. Hybrid Solar System: A hybrid solar system combines elements of both off-grid and on-grid systems. It includes solar panels for electricity generation, energy storage through batteries, and the ability to connect to the grid. Hybrid systems offer flexibility by seamlessly switching between grid-connected and standalone modes, optimizing energy utilization and reliability while ensuring backup power during grid failures.
Do I need to change existing wiring?
Post solar installation, the wiring lines are the most important factor, particularly when opting for a standalone or hybrid solar system. It facilitates the distribution of electrical loads within your institution. In contrast, for grid-connected solar system installations, there is no requirement to modify existing wiring, as the solar inverter's final output seamlessly integrates with the national electricity meter. The safety wiring after solar system installation ensures the safety and integrity of a residence by facilitating the secure and efficient flow of electricity, mitigating potential hazards, and safeguarding the household.
Loom Solar, one of the leading rooftop solar companies in India, specializes in cutting edge solar products, including solar panels, inverters, lithium batteries, and installation accessories. We offer comprehensive solar solutions nationwide, complemented by ‘on site engineer visits’ for personalized guidance. Our engineers assess the very specific requirements during these visits and prepare the most accurate and prolonged solar solutions.