Enphase Energy makes solar products that help in the production of solar energy from solar cells rather than being involved in the production of solar panels themselves. Enphase can be credited for creating an entirely new category of Solar Inverters – Microinverters. It has now become the No.1 microinverter company in the world and commands the No.2 market share position in the residential market of the U.S. The company has shipped over 18 million units of microinverters representing more than 4 GW, globally.
Enphase Energy Solutions
Enphase Home Energy solution comprises of the following:
1. Enphase Micro Inverter - Microinverters eliminate the need for string sizing exercises that require fitting equal lengths of module strings on a roof. Each PV module is connected directly to its own microinverter and mounted on the racking underneath. The Enphase Microinverter System has also revolutionized the solar industry’s approach to commercial installations. Enphase microinverters offer:
Increased energy harvest
Unprecedented design flexibility
Fully-integrated precision monitoring
2. Enphase Envoy - Envoy is a communications gateway that is required for monitoring each installation. The Envoy delivers performance data from your microinverters to the Web and carries system updates from the Web to your microinverters.
3. Enphase Cable & Accessories - This good quality, cost-effective accessories are easy to use and fit seamlessly for a streamlined installation process. The Enphase Q Cable is a lighter weight, distributed generation cable with pre-installed connectors that support faster installation.
4. Enphase Installer Toolkit - It is an app for an installer to configure AC Module during installation.
5. Enphase Enlighten - Enlighten website/ app provides a wide range of information on the performance of solar power systems and individual solar modules. You can track your overall energy and per-panel energy production data.
Enphase Energy’s per-module monitoring technology is integrated into the Enphase Microinverter System, meaning there’s no need for a bolt-on or standalone third-party monitoring tool. Every microinverter communicates with the Enphase Enlighten website to show you a physically accurate representation of your entire system and the performance of each PV module in real-time. Data is monitored 24/7 and Enlighten will immediately notify you via email of any issues it detects.
Features of Loom Solar AC Module
AC Modules are a combination of Enphase microinverters and PV modules. These AC Modules are easy to install and come with a warranty of 25 years.
Some of the prominent features of the Loom Solar AC Module are:
i)[Net Metering optional] - This AC Module can be installed at home with or without net metering option. If installed with envoy monitoring system net metering is not required.
ii) [Expandable] - It is expandable, meaning that homeowners can make grid-tied solar even with one AC module.
iii) [Panel level performance monitoring] - This feature helps homeowners to monitor the performance of the system even remotely.
iv) [Shadow] - It has a partial shadow effect.
v) [Service-free product] - Since Loom Solar’s AC module is IoT based, it is 99% service free product.
vi) [Safety] - AC Module is safer because it will shut down automatically when grid power is switched off.
vii) [Warranty] - It comes with a 25-year warranty.
viii) [Installation] - Easy to install plug and play system.
Currently Loom Solar has the following certifications:
Its association with Enphase Energy, which comes with BIS certification, automatically grants Loom Solar the BIS certification as well. Going forward, as the company plans to go international, it will apply for applicable international certifications as well.
Click here to know more about Loom Solar 375W AC Module:
Click here to know more about the installation of Loom Solar 340W AC Module:
AC Module Manufacturers in World
There are only a handful of global companies manufacturing AC modules. They are LG, Panasonic in the U.S. and Australia’s market, and Sunpower. Loom Solar also introduced the world’s most advanced IoT based microinverter technology for the first time in India. Loom Solar’s AC solar modules, integrated with microinverter technology, have seventh-generation microinverters from Enphase (IQ7+ Micro) mounted on their backsheet, providing a plug-and-play option for large and small establishments and households.
1. Loom Solar - Loom Solar launches IoT based AC modules. The emerging startup has become the second Indian module manufacturer to launch AC panels integrated with Enphase microinverters after Waaree announced its partnership with Enphase in 2007.
2. Panasonic - Panasonic’s HIT AC Series offers high efficiency and power outputs for residential solar systems due to their industry-leading temperature coefficient of -0.258%/⁰C. Enphase IQ 7X microinverter is mounted on the panels. Panasonic is a giant electronics company in Japan.
3. Sunpower - Seventh-generation Enphase IQ microinverters are integrated into SunPower A-Series and X-Series Solar Modules. These are known for faster installation and higher system reliability. SunPower is the largest residential installer in the U.S. The company is known for its high-efficiency panels (proprietary N-type monocrystalline silicon process).
4. LG - Another leading global electronics company, LG’s AC Modules, LG NeON R ACe, are known for their high performance and simplified user experience. It also uses Enphase microinverters.