Solar batteries are C10 rating deep cycle battery designed for connecting with solar charge controllers, inverters for giving power backup at night. It is designed to be charged from Solar panels in the day from sunlight. The main component of the battery is the lead inside it. Higher lead ensures better battery performance and quality. Lead-acid batteries are not sealed and Maintenance-free hence it requires water top-up once in 3-6 month.
Solar Battery Price
Solar battery price depends upon Battery AH and Warranty, The price ranges from ₹4050 to ₹18500. The Tubular Technology batteries with 5 years of replacement warranty will be the costliest as tubular battery indicates the latest technology with higher energy efficiency in batteries. The other important factor which impacts the price of batteries in India are
Replacement warranty offered on batteries
The capacity of Battery measured in Ampere hour (AH)
Solar Battery Price List in India | 2021
The solar battery market in India is fragmented, 60% of batteries are manufactured by local manufacturers, the rest 40% market is captured by brands such as Exide, Luminous, Okaya, and Amaron. here is the average price list of solar batteries taken from different cities across India.
Solar Battery Model
Average Selling Price
100 Ah Tubular solar battery, 5 years warranty
120 Ah Tubular solar battery, 5 years warranty
150 Ah Tubular solar battery, 5 years warranty
200 Ah Tubular solar battery, 3 years warranty
How to Choose Solar Battery
If you are planning to buy solar battery onlineand you do not have any idea how to choose a battery for your home. You should consider this before buying any battery
1) Battery Capacity measured in Ah (Ampere-hour)
2) Battery warranty
3) Price, depends on Battery Ah and warranty.
Solar Battery Warranty
Battery warranty has two aspects a) Replacement warranty and b) Pro-rata warranty. If your battery fails in replacement warranty, Brand will replace it with a new battery and during pro-rata warranty period, a new battery is offered at a discounted price, which is, also known as buyback offer.
Types of solar Battery
There are two types of battery:
a) Flat Plate battery
b) Tubular battery
There is no much difference in these technology type batteries except warranty and life. The height of the battery determines the technology type, Tubular means tall battery and flat plate means short height battery.
Battery Backup Time
The backup time of the battery depends upon Battery AH (Ampere hour). Higher the AH, higher will be backup time. Usually, a 150 Ah battery gives around 3 hours of backup on 400 watt Power consumption.
In India, 150 Ah is bestselling rating as it can last up to 3-4 hours if you use Led light, few ceiling fans, Led Television, mobile and Laptop charging. For higher duration backup, one can go for the higher Ah battery.