Gujarat is a state of western coast of India and It's bordered with Rajasthan, Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh. Its capital city is Gandhinagar, while its largest city is Ahmedabad.
As of 2020, the peak power requirement of state is 18,000 MW. Total installed power generation capacity is 30,500 MW. Of this 11,264 MW (37%) is generated from the renewable energy sources including 7,845 MW from wind, 3,273 MW from solar, 81.6 MW from biomass, and 63.33 MW from mini-hydro power projects.
How & how much subsidy on solar can be availed?
Subsidy/Support is available from Central Government through MNRE.
The subsidy available on the installation of grid-connected solar rooftop power plants is 30% of the benchmark cost. Government institutions including PSUs shall not be eligible for the subsidy. Instead, they will be given achievement-linked incentives/awards. All residential and institutional buildings such as schools, health institutions, etc. and the social sector can avail CFA.
Benchmark cost of Grid Connected Solar System as per the Central Government of India, MNRE - Last Updated, January, 2022
|System||Govt. Subsidy||Customer Price|
|Up to 3kW||40%|
|Above 3kW to Upto 10kW||20%|
|Cost of 3kW Solar System||Without Subsidy||1,80,000|
|Customer Payable Amount||With Subsidy (- Rs. 72,000)||1,08,000|
|Cost of 5kW Solar System||Without Subsidy||3,00,000|
|3kW||40% Subsidy (3*24,000)||-72,000|
|2kW||20% Subsidy (2*12,000)||-24,000|
|Customer Payable Amount||With Subsidy (-96,000)||2,04,000|
|5kW - Generation||Benefits||Units - Rs. 7.5/U|
|Daily Genration||25 Units||187|
|Monhtly Genration||625 Units||4687|
|Yearly Generation||7,500 Units||56, 250|
|Lifetime Generation||1,87,500 Units||14,06,250|
|Return on Investment||3.6 years|
|1.||Mono Perc||500 sq.ft.|
|2.||Shark 440W - 540W||300 sq.ft.|
What are the objectives of Installing Solar Power?
- To promote green and clean power and to reduce the State’s carbon mission.
- To reduce dependency on fossil fuels for energy security and
- To help reduce the cost of renewable energy
- To promote investment, employment generation and skill enhancement in the renewable energy
- To encourage growth of local manufacturing facilities in line with the ‘Make in India’ programme.
- To research, development and innovation in renewable energy.
Where Rooftop Project can be installed?
It can be installed within premises under Residential, Government, Commercial, Industrial and Others category.
Who is the eligible entity?
Any company or body corporate or association or body of individuals, whether incorporated or not, or artificial juridical person shall be eligible for setting up of SPGs, either for the purpose of captive use and/ or for selling of electricity to the Distribution License/Third Party whether or not under the renewable energy certificate (REC) mechanism in accordance with the electricity Act-2003, as amended from time to time.
Which type of metering is used in Solar Rooftop System?
As per Central Electricity Authority (Installation & Operation of Meters) Amendment Regulations, 2014 as amended from time to time. The Bi-directional meter of same accuracy class as the Consumer’s meter existing before SPG installation shall be used or ABT-Compliant meter shall be used for RPO & REC category obligation.
What is the Maximum limit to install the Project Capacity?
Up to a maximum of 50% of the Consumer’s sanction load/Contact Demand.
How can I find information about Solar Subsidy and Net Metering Process in Gujarat?
GEDA (Gujarat Energy Development Agency), one of the premier organizations and a forerunner in India has been working in the field of renewable energy development and energy conservation.
Solar Panel Price List in Gujarat
|KW Capacity||Price Per KW||Subsidy Amount||Net Customer Amount|
|3.30||40993||49191 (40%) + 2459 (20%)||
|3.96||40993||49191 (40%) + 7870 (20%)||
|4.29||40993||49191 (40%) + 10576 (20%)||116092|
|4.95||40993||49191 (40%) + 15987 (20%)||137737|
|5.28||40993||49191 (40%) + 18692 (20%)||148560|
|5.94||40993||49191 (40%) + 24103 (20%)||170204|
|6.27||40993||49191 (40%) + 26809 (20%)||181026|
|6.93||40993||49191 (40%) + 32220 (20%)||202670|
|7.26||40993||49191 (40%) + 34926 (20%)||213492|
|7.92||40993||49191 (40%) + 40337 (20%)||235136|
|8.25||40993||49191 (40%) + 43042 (20%)||245959|
|8.91||40993||49191 (40%) + 48453 (20%)||267603|
|9.24||40993||49191 (40%) + 51159 (20%)||278425|
|9.90||40993||49191 (40%) + 56570 (20%)||300069|
Terms & Conditions
- Prices are Inclusive of GST & Transportation
- Legal Stand Paper Charges for Net-metering Agreement shall be borne by client.
- Project Completion Timeline will be within 90 days from the date of Successful Registration on the Government Portal.
- Warranty of the Entire System will be 5 years.
List of Documents Required
- Copy of Latest Electricity Bill
- Copy of Latest Municipality Tax or Index-2
- Copy of Adhar Card
- Copy of Pan Card
- Passport Size Photo-3 Copy
- Contact Number
What is the entire process?
To apply solar subsidy, you should follow the following steps:
Step 1: Site Survey. Book Engineer Visit from here.
Step 2: System Capacity, Costing & Performance Analysis
Step 3: Buy Solar System & Installation
Step 4: Apply for Net Metering
Step 5: Get Solar Subsidy after 30 days of rooftop solar panel installation
Top Questions1. Which type of solar panels will you installed?
Polycrystalline Solar Panel, Monocrystalline Solar Panel & Bifacial Solar Panel2. Which solar panel companies you will installed here?
Vikram, Waaree, Adani, Goldi, Loom Solar & Navitas
3. How much does the solar panel cost per watt?
- Polycrystalline Solar Panel - Rs. 14 to 16 per watt + 5% GST including
- Monocrystalline Solar Panel - Rs. 17 to 21 per watt + 5% GST
- Bifacial Solar Panel - Rs. 22 to 25 per watt + 5% GST
4. Which solar inverter companies you will installed here?
Growwatt, Delta, ABB, Havells, PolyCab & Sofar
5. Who will install the complete solar power plant?
Warranty, Maintenance & Performance
6. Have you installed this size of solar power plant?
You can find the detailed documents from here.