How to Make Your Normal Inverter into Solar Inverter with Lowest Investment Possible
Many of us who is using normal inverter and battery for a long time but due to high prices of electricity bill, or frequent power outages if you want to upgrade yourself towards for solar energy, to save more electricity bills, getting power 24x7 or make the environment clean from pollution. This is the best time to go for Solar as Price of solar panels has reduced drastically in last few years, therefore, it has become affordable for ordinary people with low income.
Why We Should Buy Solar Charge Controller?
There are two reasons behind to buy solar charge controllers, such as
- If you have already normal inverter, then solar charge controller converts normal inverter into solar inverter.
- If you are living which location where an electricity is not available, or you are facing to charge mobile phones, or if you want to run a DC bulbs or ceiling fans.
So, if you are a regular user and you know how to use of inverter and battery, then it is easier for you to connect normal inverter to solar inverter. As you need two more components to run solar.
- Solar Charge Controller
- Solar Panel
In above diagram, connection of normal inverter with solar charge controller and solar panel shown
If you want more information how to connect ordinary inverter with solar then you can also refer our below given video, it will tell you step by step process for the same.
What are the Components required to run upgraded solar inverter?
- Solar Panels: It absorbs ray of sunlight from sun and converts it into electricity using semiconductor.
- Solar Charge Controller: It is the most important components of solar system, so let's discuss about why should we buy solar charge controller.
Benefits of Solar Charge Controllers:
- It controls charging current and supply required to battery to avoid overcharging.
- It helps to increase life of battery
- It also to stop reverse current coming to solar panels from grid.
- It is used for safety of solar panel and battery
Types of Solar Charge Controllers:
- PWM Charge Controller (Pulse width Modulating)
- MPPT Charge Controller (Maximum Power Point Tracking)
PWM vs. MPPT Solar Charge Controller:
You can understand in very simple, what are the main difference between PWM Vs. MPPT solar charge controller, such as:
|PWM Solar Charge Controller||MPPT Solar Charge Controller|
|It is lower price||It is an affordable price|
|It is available upto 60amps maximum||It is available upto 120amps|
|Available in wider variety size||Limited edition available|
|It is suitable for small size solar systems||It is suitable for large size solar systems|
|It is built on time tested technology||It increases efficiency upto 30%|
|Physical Size Small||Physical Size Large|
It is used mainly to convert DC current to AC current. Besides, It has many indicators on display that tells about low battery indication, main charging, solar charging, eco mode etc. It also has feature to fast charging of battery. It also shows load is running on battery, mains or from solar panels.
Types of Normal Inverters
- Off grid solar inverters
- On grid solar inverters or Grid tie solar inverters
- Battery Back-up solar inverters
- Micro-inverter solar inverters
It stores DC power backup and it is primarily used when electricity is not available. It comes in many variant like 12volt, 24volt, 36volt and 48volt etc. But popular is 12volt battery system. Battery backup starts from 7ah to 220ah for residential. But popular battery is 150ah. It comes in two variant SMF (Sealed maintained free) battery and Liquid Battery. Liquid battery is more popular as tubular battery over flat battery. Tubular Battery gives more power backup and also it discharge slowly once it is not in use than flat plate battery.
Types of Battery